- Sri Lanka
Eligibility Conditions For Working As A Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)
The FDH should:
- Female that is not less than 21 years old and not more than 45 years old
- Confirmed fit by an appointed medical centre
- Reside in the country of origin
- enter Malaysia via the Visa With Reference (VDR) issued by the Malaysian representative office in the country of origin
- Certified PASS for IMMIGRATION SECURITY CLEARANCE (ISC) at the source country. List Of ISC Centres
The FDH who fails the medical examination:
- Is not permitted to work
- The employer needs to obtain the Check Out memo from the Immigration Department of Malaysia and arrange for her immediate repatriation
NEW TERMS OF EMPLOYING INDONESIA DOMESTIC HELPER IN ACCORDANCE TO THE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE GOVERMENT OF MALAYSIA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC INDONESIA REGARDING EMPLOYMENT AND PROTECTION INDONESIA DOMESTIC HELPER (IDH)
- Cost for Indonesia Domestic Helper enrollment through an appointed Malaysia Recruitment Agency (MRA) is RM 15,000.00 (Maximum)
- Household income must be RM7,000.00
- Single household shall consist of family members maximum of six (6) person
- Indonesia Domestics Helper shall be employed in single household as;
- Housekeeper & family cook
- Child caretaker
- Eldery caretaker
- Application should be made through Malaysia Recruitment Agency (MRA) and Indonesia Placement Agency (IPA) only
- Minimum wages for Indonesian Domestic helper is RM1500.00 per month
- Employment contract needs to be certified/endorsed by Embassy of The Republic Of Indonesia
- Employers are allowed to employed a new Indonesian Domestic Helper replacement based on the following categories :
|IDH who did not perform or failed to do duties as required||3 months|
|IDH unsuitable (Unfit)|
|IDH Absconded||6 months|
- Starting from 16th August 2022, all Indonesia Domestic Helper application shoud be submitted to MRA through Visa With Referencre (VDR)approval procedure only
- IDH who entered Malaysia after 15th August 2022 are not eligible to be employed as Domestic Helper by employer. Application should be made through appointed / registered MRA
Employer Eligibility Requirements
- Applications can be submitted:
- By the Employer himself
- Through employment agencies registered with the Immigration Department of Malaysia at the Immigration office of the State as per employer’s address.
- Make sure the application form and required documents are complete before submission
- The employer and his spouse should have:
- Children under 15 years of age OR
- Parents who are sick/ill.
- The employer must earn an income, and each family is eligible to apply for one (1) FDH
- The employer qualifying wages according to the country of origin:
|1||A Second Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)||More than RM 10,000.00|
|2||A Third Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)||More than RM 15,000.00|
|3||A Fourth and Up Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)||Special Approval of the Director General of Immigration|
|NO||COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||EMPLOYER NET INCOME||PAYMENT (PERSONAL BOND)|
|1||Indonesia||RM 7,000.00||RM 250.00|
|2||The Philippines||RM 5,000.00||RM 750.00|
|3||Sri Lanka||RM 5,000.00||RM 750.00|
|4||Thailand||RM 3,000.00||RM 250.00|
|5||Cambodia||RM 3,000.00||RM 250.00|
|6||India||RM 5,000.00||RM 750.00|
|7||Laos||RM 3,000.00||RM 1,500.00|
|8||Vietnam||RM 3,000.00||RM 1,500.00|
- have a valid reason
- to have income under the conditions stipulated by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Once the FDH arrives in this country, the employer should:
- ensure that the FDH undergoes a medical examination at any clinic appointed by Fomema Sdn. Bhd.. and
- obtain the PL (KS) sticker from the State Immigration Department which will be issued within 1 month from the date of arrival.
FLOW CHART AND APPLICATION PROCESS OF FDH (INDONESIAN ONLY)
- Make sure that the FDH is assigned to domestic chores (not including car wash).
- Room amenities/accommodation provided for the FDH are equipped with basic facilities. The FDH should be given nutritious food and proper rest, including sleeping time.
- Non-Muslim employers who employ Muslim FDH must respect the following religious sensitivities of the FDH. She should:
- i. be allowed to conduct worship acts such as praying 5 times
- ii. be allowed to observe the fasting month of Ramadan and
- iii. not be asked to do chores around the house that oppose the religion of Islam.
- d. Ensure that the FDH does not marry in this country while on the PL (KS).
- e. The FDH is not allowed to apply for an Entry Permit while she has been issued the PL (KS).
- f. Ensure that the FDH does not change employment or change employers without the permission of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- g. Extension of the PL (KS) should be submitted to the Immigration Office within three (3) months before the expiry of the PL (KS) and after passing the medical examination.
- h. For the continuation of the PL(KL) or applying for the Check Out Memo, the employer is responsible for:
- i. Keeping payroll records to the FDH and submitting to the Department upon request.
- ii. the FDH should be paid her salary at least in the last week of each month.
- i. the employer is responsible for the medical treatment of the FDH during the period of the PL (KS)
- j. the employer is responsible for reporting to the Immigration Department if the FDH:
- i. is deceased
- ii. has gone missing
- iii. has absconded from her workplace
- k. Employers or employment agencies are not allowed to strike or inflict any act that causes injury to the FDH
- l. If an employer or a spouse dies, the employer or the spouse or beneficiaries should report to the Immigration Department to verify the status of the new employer of the FDH
- m. The employer must obtain approval from the Immigration Department if the FDH wishes to terminate her services if the employer wishes to terminate the services of the FDH or to get the Check-out memo from the Department of Deportation if the pass has expired.
- n. Immigration Department of Malaysia has the right to revoke the issue of approved passes
- o. Immigration Department of Malaysia has the power to transfer the FDH if she has been persecuted by the original employer to a new employer, on humanitarian grounds even without the consent of the original employer.
- p. Employers who want to take the FDH to work in overseas stations are required to inform the FDH’s country of origin representative in Malaysia.
- q. Employers who have been permitted to employ FDH, but failed to comply with the conditions stipulated will be blacklisted from getting future FDH.
Required Documents For FDH Application Applications for the approval of foreign domestic helpers can be made at all State Immigration Offices following the employer’s address. Documents required for the application of a Visa With Reference (VDR) for Foreign Domestic Helpers:
- The new application form (PRA1)
- Replacement Form for FDH (PRA2)
- Form IM 12. (Application PLKS)
- Form IM 38. (Visa Application)
- Personal Bond which has been stamped with an RM10.00 revenue stamp
- Employment Agreement for Foreign Domestic Helpers which has been stamped with an RM10.00 revenue stamp (2 sets of originals and copies)
- Copy of Foreign Domestic Helper’s passport
- Medical Report from the country of origin which has been certified by a clinic appointed by the Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Declaration form for employing Muslim Foreign Domestic Helpers and Declaration form for Muslim Foreign Domestic Helpers. (For non-Muslim employers only)
- Declaration form stating the non-usage of registered agencies for employers who submit applications on their own
- Proof of regular income of both husband and wife:
- the EPF statement and payslip (last 3 months) OR
- e-BE / IRB statement of receipt and payment slip
- Copy of identity card of both husband and wife
- Supporting documents for the application of FDH (like birth certificates, medical certification of family illness)
- Marriage certificate (for the first time application only) Admission Procedures For Foreign Domestic Helper
Admission Procedures For Foreign Domestic Helper
- The FDH has received the approval letter for Visa Regarding get a visa at the Malaysian Representative Office in the FDH’s country of origin before entry into Malaysia.
- After getting the visa, the FDH can enter Malaysia through any permitted entrance. Immigration officers at the gates of entry will provide a Special Pass for 30 days so that the employer can report the presence of the FDH at the Immigration office that approved the VDR. This Immigration office can be the State Immigration Office or Immigration Headquarters.
- The employer or employment agency should wait at the permitted entrance.
- The employer or employment agency must bring the FDH for a medical check-up at any clinic registered with FOMEMA Pte. Ltd. (within a month). Employees who fail this examination must be sent back to their home countries immediately.
Visitor’s Pass/Temporary Employment Sticker PL(KS)
- The FDH who has passed the medical examination and is certified healthy by FOMEMA Pte. Ltd. will be issued with the Visitor’s Pass Sticker (Temporary Employment) following the approved period of VDR in the approval letter.
- Once the FDH has received the Visitor’s Pass Sticker(Temporary Employment), she is allowed to work until the deadline stated on the sticker. PL(KS) is concerned.
Extension of the Visitor’s Pass/Temporary Employment (PL/KS)
- Applications for the extension of a foreign worker’s PL (KS) can be made at the Immigration Office of the State or the Foreign Workers Division, Head Office within three months of the PL (KS) ‘s the expiry date.
- Employers must ensure that the worker undergoes a medical examination at any clinic that is registered with FOMEMA Pte. Ltd. and certified healthy before any application for second and third-year extension of service is submitted to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- All matters of foreign workers’ extension of service [PL (KS)] in all sectors must be submitted by the employer unless the renewal of the FDH can be handled by employment agencies registered with the Department.
- An incomplete application or application that is not in order will be rejected.
- Payment for the extension includes the levy, visa fees according to the type of visa and the nationality of the FDH, the payment process, and fees for the PL (KS).
- Documents required:
- i. Copy of Worker’s passport with a validity period of not less than 12 months.
- ii. Adequate payment in the form of bank draft or money order should be made payable to the Director-General of Immigration, Malaysia, or the Director of Immigration Affairs (where payment is made). The name and address of the employer must be written on the back of the bank draft.
Replacement Of Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)
The employer may apply for a change of or replacement of the FDH that has been approved for Visa With Reference under two circumstances: i. The worker has entered the country but is not medically fit. To apply for a replacement, the employer should submit the required documents :
- Employer’s application letter
- Letter of Approval for Visa With Reference
- Check Out Memo
- the original payment receipt
ii. The worker did not enter the country after the approval of the VDR is issued. To apply for a replacement, the employer should submit the required documents:
- Employer’s application letter
- Letter of approval for Visa With Reference
- the original payment receipt
- letter of visa cancellation from the representative office in the employee’s country of origin (if any)
Check Out Memo Application
- The Check Out Memo is issued to foreign workers/ foreign domestic helpers to facilitate their return to their country of origin.
- To apply for the Check Out Memo, the employer should submit the required documents:
- i. Application form for Check Out Memo
- ii. Copy of Original passport of the foreign worker.
- iii. Ticket for the foreign worker to return to the country of origin.
- The employer should ensure that the foreign employees return to their country of origin via the requested exit point on the date stipulated in the Check Out Memo.
- If the employer fails to apply for the Check Out Memo, the foreign workers are still considered to be under his employment and the employer is still responsible for the foreign workers.
1. The employer/reporter must be present at the relevant Immigration Office to submit the following documents to cancel the Foreign Worker / Foreign Domestic Helper’s PL (KS).
- i. Letter of application to cancel the PL (KS) of the foreign worker who has absconded.
- ii. Copy of employer’s / representative’s identity card
- iii. Copy passport of foreign worker who has absconded
- iv. Foreign Worker Abscondment Report Form issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia
- v. Certified copy of Police Report
- Foreign Domestic Helpers who have absconded will be blacklisted.
- Employers are required to pay bail on personal bond based on the rates that have been signed during the application.